Getting Air Ducts Cleaned Means Cleaner, Healthier Air For You and Your Loved Ones
Air Duct cleaning is more important than most Jacksonville homeowners may realize, since your ducts are the last step to ensuring that you and your family are breathing clean air in your home. Jacksonville has high humidity which can cause mold growth in your air ducts. They’re also vital to the condition and efficiency of your heating and cooling equipment.
If moisture is present in your air conditioning system, the potential is greater for the growth of mold and the subsequent release of spores, which can cause allergic reactions and other symptoms. That’s why it’s so important to have your ducts cleaned properly by professionals who can make sure every component of your system is clean. Overlooking a component in a contaminated system can result in recontamination and the return of air quality problems.
Want to know more about Indoor Air Quality?
Watch our Air Duct Cleaning Video
Why Should You Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned?
You may want to consider having your air ducts professionally cleaned if any of these circumstances apply to you:
- You or members of your household have allergies or respiratory conditions that cause sensitivity to indoor air pollutants that may be circulating in your heating and air conditioning system. If you have elderly persons or very young children in your home, they may also be particularly sensitive to contaminants.
- You have pets, which can constantly shed dander and hair throughout your home.
- Your HVAC system has been damaged.
- You’ve had water damage to your home.
- You’ve recently remodeled or renovated your home, which can stir up particles that affect the quality of your indoor air.
What Air Duct Cleaning Includes.
The process of “air duct cleaning” should perhaps be called “HVAC system cleaning,” since proper cleaning involves much more than just the air ducts themselves. Your expert McGowan’s technician will thoroughly clean these components of your system:
- Supply and return air ducts and registers
- Grilles and diffusers
- Heat exchangers
- Heating and cooling coils
- Drip pans
- Fan motor and motor housing
We’ll also check your air handling unit to ensure it’s properly installed, maintained and operated, which helps keep the above-listed components free of contamination from particles of dust, pollen or other debris.
What Jacksonville Homeowners Can Do To Help Keep Their Air Ducts Clean.
While a thorough air duct cleaning process must be done by professionally qualified service companies, there are a few steps you can take to help maintain the cleanliness of your heating and air conditioning system. One is to change your air filters regularly and make sure you have the right filters for your home and HVAC system. You should also have your system professionally inspected every one to two years to have a technician determine if your air ducts need to be cleaned. In between scheduled maintenance or inspections, you can do a visual check yourself by removing a wall or floor register and shining a flashlight inside the duct. If you can see debris, dirt or dust, it’s time to have your ducts cleaned by a licensed, insured HVAC professional.
Make sure your air is clean and your system is in great working order. Please call 904-278-0339 or get in touch with us by completing the form to the right.